Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I've Been Everywhere Man, I've Been Everywhere

Okay, so not everywhere.

But it certainly feels that way. In the last two months I've visited New Mexico, Utah, Colorado (can you say Durango/Silverton Narrow Gauge Rail?) Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida.

I've ridden on rails,

I've seen the Grand Canyon,

visited Moab desert,

been to Yellowstone,

enjoyed the wonderful town of Helena, hiked in Glacier National Park,

swam in the rivers in Yosemite,

saw my brand new nephew in Oklahoma (and wrecked my car), spent a week broken down in Pensacola Florida (hey, there are worse places to break down), was horrified by the number of drug addicts and squirrels fighting for space in downtown Mobile Al, and spent a week in DisneyWorld.


I did all this with my peeps, my family. Hubby, myself, the three kiddos, my brother, my mom for part of the time, and my sister in law for part of the time.

We had a total blast. We traveled in an RV for the most part. And by the end, we were a bit tired. Of the road, the small spaces, of each other.

But it was great. As in I know my kids better for the trip. I feel closer to my family because of the trip. And that's a good thing, because we aren't getting any more space any time soon.

Yep. We're moving again. Or more correctly, we have moved again. The place we were at just didn't have any good options for middle kid. There wasn't an ABA therapy provider within a 2 hour drive, and he needs therapy multiple times a week. And I've said everything about the schools there that I'm going to say. So all five of us are in a 400 square foot apartment in central Texas right now. But, school wise, this seems like the best place for us to be.

We're looking for a place to buy, but until then we're going to be in close quarters. Its okay though. After the last two months, we can handle it.  So wish us luck, and productive house hunting.


No comments:

Post a Comment